PUBLIC NOTICE: WATER BILL PAYMENT ON PHONES
The Lagos Water Corporation (LWC) has gone through various developmental stages since its inception. It was formerly known as the Federal Water Supply (Under Federal Government), established in 1910, with the construction of Iju Waterworks. The Waterworks was commissioned by Mr. Lord Laggard, the then Governor General of Lagos, in 1915 at Obun Eko Area of Lagos. The Iju treatment plant has a design capacity of 2.4million gallon per day (MGD) and was constructed primarily to supply Water to the Colonial residents of Ikoyi in those days.
“We are seeking Private Investors whom we can partner with to leverage on their technical expertise and access to the capital market; while they leverage on our population and abundant water resources; creating a synergy to achieve our vision of provision of water to the residents of the state in sufficient quantity at economic rate for cost recovery.”