The Lagos Water Corporation (LWC) has gone through various developmental stages since its inception. It was formerly known as the Federal Water Supply (Under Federal Government), established in 1910, with the construction of Iju Waterworks. The Waterworks was commissioned by Mr. Lord Laggard, the then Governor General of Lagos, in 1915 at Obun Eko Area of Lagos. The Iju treatment plant has a design capacity of 2.4million gallon per day (MGD) and was constructed primarily to supply Water to the Colonial residents of Ikoyi in those days. In order to meet the Water demand of ever increasing population of the State, Water facilities such as Treatment plants and equipments were installed under the Corporation continous expansion schemes. This led to the construction of Ishasi (1976) and Adiyan Waterworks (1991) respectively. The First Executive Governor of Lagos State, Alhaji. Lateef Kayode Jakande changed the name of the Agency to Lagos State Water Management Board (LSWMB) in 1979. The Lagos State Water Corporation (LSWC) was formally launched in 1986 by the then Military Administrator of Lagos State, Group Captain Gbolahan Mudashiru. Later, His Excellency, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Third Executive Governor, Lagos State, rechristened it Lagos Water Corporation (LWC) in the year 2004, by virtue of Lagos State Water Sector Law (No. 14). The Corporation operates as an effective and efficient state government Parastatal, charged with the responsibility of providing potable and safe water, to over 18.0 million people in Lagos State. Currently, the total installed water production capacity is 210 million gallons per day (MGD); which is lower than the current demand. In the Corporation’s renewed effort to solve the problem of Water shortage and ensure steady supply for the growing population of Lagos, the Lagos Water Corporation has developed a Lagos Water Supply Master plan as a “Road Map” to take the water production capacity of the State to 745 million gallons per day by year 2020).